Old Guys Gaming
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Level 1 Missions too OP...

NachoNinjaGnome

Okay, can we take the rockets from the lvl 1 mission AI please?  So sick of randomly getting sniped from over 1k away with a 1-hitter to my armored vics.  Can't remember all the times it's happened, but recently, I lost a Strider.   Then, just now, I lost a Strider and Ammo Truck.  1 Rocket.  117k worth of vics.  That's WAY too OP.

=NNG

So by your logic its ok to roll into a mission with a Strider with infinate ammo and expect no resistance, get real dude! Missions are fine as they are. Maybe try a differant approach next time Lynx+ compact titan will work well on all missions, get out of your tincan and go foot.

Edited by Colin
  • Upvote 1

I said nothing about "no resistance".  HMGs do plenty of damage to lightly armored vehicles such as the Strider.  It just seems like a bit of a leap from lightly armed raid squads and gear crate AI (what I call lvl 0 AI) straight to APCs and lock-on launchers on a lvl 1 (single chevron) mission.  All I'm suggesting is some sort of incremental increase in difficulty rather than just increasing the quantity of enemies.  Something people can use to "get back on their feet", which happens quite a bit in Arma with all its shenannigans.  Lost two choppers tonight in addition to the Strider and Ammo Truck from earlier today.  I'm all for sniping out a mission, but sometimes you need more mobility to get various angles or a bit of armor due to the terrain forcing you into mid-range combat.  Plus, sometimes you just don't feel like having to deal with a raid party every few minutes when you're trying to snipe out a mission.  And not really sure why you would need two anti-armor weapons, but whatever floats your boat.  Wouldn't want to have to pay your ammo bill.

- NNG

Again, try engaging on foot, keep your vehicle at a safe distance(out of sight). If you see the toastie popup( Police group deployed to take care of troublesome prisoner) jump back in your vic, go into thermal take a look around and deal with the threat. If you get a rocket shoved in your face when in a vehicle then you loose everything!! if I get killed on foot there is still a chance I can get my gear back and my vehicle is whole(because I left it safe) that is why I always try to engage on foot and use my vehicles to get around and look for a better position if I have to, I would rather loose the 15k worth of gear on me than the 500k that I am sitting in.

As for using two anti-armour weapons, the Lynx is a one shot kill at any range and the Titan Compact I mostly use with AP rounds, if the AI are clumped together then you can take out good portion of the mission with one round.

PS I would rather have  an ammo bill of 3-7k than replace vehicles 100k plus.

Edited by Colin

Heavy armour wont help you much if a rocket takes out the tracks , you are just sitting in a tincan that cant be moved and BOOOM in comes the next rocket and its goodnight and goodbye 500k. I dont know how long you have been playing the server but you will get to end game vehicles and you will be just as annoyed if not more for loosing them, Im speaking from experience:D Maybe try jumping in with one of the guys as a gunner 4 or 6 eyes see alot more of the combat that is evolving around you which helps to adapt to the situation, like I said you will get there dude and laugh about the past screw ups. Peace out:ph34r: