Old Guys Gaming
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

M5 Sandstorm request

StealthyMosquito

I am making this post to discuss the feasibility of adding this vehicle as a prestige vehicle for purchase. I think it would add to the cooperative portion of the game without being too overpowered. As it is, it is not a great vehicle for a solo player as he would rarely be close enough to a mission to claim it and would rely on a ground support unit to mark targets and adjust aim, claim, and clean up. AFAIK it has no shells that leave mines laying around so collateral damage would be null. I have been playing on the server for a few weeks and am enjoying the cooperative aspect and think that a vehicle like this could add a new dynamic to team play. 

Let me know what you think.

My thoughts on this (been a bit busy).  While the idea is genuine it can go horribly wrong. In a perfect world players can’t kill other players in any shape. In our world I see this having the potential to end horribly ( this is all on an assumption that the m5 sandstorm is like the mlrs ). One could easily hit another player and or base on accident due to a miscommunication issue between the spotter and the person in control. 

This utilmately falls under the preview of x8. He might not have seen this post, so I’ll let him know about it next time I see him on. 

I see that point of view, especially in the wrong hands and would like to pose a counter. As far as I know bases are invulnerable other than breaching charges, and thanks to the new server updates, vehicles left at base and not touched should have invulnerability as well. Collateral damage should be pretty much void. With the mission claiming system in place, there shouldnt be other players on mission other than teammates, and they would be the ones helping out. I do see friendly fire as being an issue, but with the current rules, seems like it can be easily avoided altogether. As far as accuracy and damage control I see it being no different than a Hind or a Wipeout, ultimately the shooter taking responsibility.

I would be willing to be a guinea pig for a week and test it for its viability.

It is all good Dane, I understand everyone has been busy and that wasnt directed at anyone in particular. Just drumming up some forum activity. Many views, but not many comments.

Thanks in advance.

Hi, cant tow or be towed? 1-3 m shots mission is completed, indirect fire (need a spotter), slow as hell, really good armour fun as heck to watch ooh cant carry a crate. Lots and lots of ,,,,.  2 million respect  seems a fair price 

Edited by Colin

well.... oh dear....

Back in the old days there was one hard fast rule put down by Deadman and Jason, no cruise missiles and no artillery ever.

So i have been sticking with that for the reasons Dane gave above. far far too easy to wipe out another players entire worldly possesions with one click and you never know you did it.

Not just to protect all the other players from the artillery but also to protect the owner of the multi million rep sandstorm, as soon as someone owns one of those every "lost" "missing" blown up" vehicle on the map from that point on will be blamed on the idiot shooting off that damned artillery again. As you know, we get "missing" vehicles every day, i know most of those are due to bad parking and "Arma'd" but you would be getting full blame for every one of those vehicles every day.

Then just for simple game play fun challenge stuff. With a sandstorm you can sit in your base and wipe out all the missions on the map in under a minute. Fun to do once i'm sure. But then what? You just won arma, game over? play something else?

• Upvote 2