Old Guys Gaming
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Exile Mod

Crankey

• 2 months later...

Hi guys , how often do you intend to swap and change the mods that are on your Exile Server ? In the last 3 days you have had 3 different sets of mods !! As I have restricted bandwidth it would get very expensive for me if I have to Download a new set of mods every couple of days.

Hello Colin, We currently switched from the Epoch Mod to the Exile Mod because of performance problems both client and server side. So when we did the switch we were cautious to add mods one at a time so as to test how the server and clients would run. So far, the current list of mods are running fine. If I get a heads up of any more mods to be added I will try to post them for you and others.

Thanks for your post.

Hi Guys, Could it be possible that the Server Admins let us Know when they change settings on server e.g Armour nerfs, damage dealt by weapons, AI increases/buffs. There was a Server restart yesterday evening that basically created chaos with People respawning dead or with heavy bleeding , Striders being hit by 2 rifle grenades and disabeld from a NPC unit that spawns in 20 meters from you!!!! Manage to get out, kill the AI only to die from a double straffing run from Black Hawk and a Pawnee. Thats where the fun really began with Players trying to get back to their gear that is being CAMPED by AI ( your not going to get far with a pistol and a bottle of water).

I can see that it is fun for Players that have had the time and resourses to build bases when the AI is very challenging, they can sit in their towers and snipe all day long, for other players their vehicles are their bases and when these vehicles are rendered pretty much useless by a file update that nobody was warned about( In my case a strider that had gear that I had bought and looted over four days.) then it is not fun and to say the least very annoying

Hello Colin, I know how you feel and it can be frustrating at times, but this is why we encourage everyone to hop on Teamspeak so as to get the whole story on what is going on. Majority of the time before the server is restarted outside of the usual or scheduled restart times the Developers and those in charge of the server hop on Teamspeak and ask if they can do a restart for various reasons. Then a message is broadcast over the server to let everyone know that the server is going to be restarted. It is the only and best senario outside of being on Teamspeak at this time.

Our Admins who are keeping the server up to date and running at times will notice something pertaining to the AI, crafting, vehicles,The Traders, or other aspects of the game that need immediate attention will try to implement an immediate fix. But not without our first getting a heads up and notice is sent out to other players on the server first. We as Admins not on that part of the Admin Team can and will help with any loss to you or any player on the server at that time because maybe your attention was elsewhere and missed the ingame message. This is why I encourage you or any player to hop on Teamspeak so we can address it for you.

Thanks for you post Colin and hope to see you soon to help you with whatever you need help with.

Hi SARGE, Thx for the reply . I was on TS with the other guys and we were all having similar problems after the normal restart, I think it was Jason that came on and noticed this and decided it was better to make some changes and restart the server again, which was a good idea .Unfortunatly I wasnt able to get back to my Strider in time to repair and lock. I still think the Server Admins do an amazing job keeping the server fun and eventfull, just that last night maybe a bit too much and to sudden.