Find results that contain...
Find results in...

DAY-J ( Jurassic ARMA - NEW AI ? )

Marshal

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=332909923

[video=youtube]

[video=youtube]

[video=youtube]

I was trying to find any server that run this mod with Epoch, and didn't find any luck. It seems like that current version of Epoch is not compatible with this mod. I'll keep looking, yet it will be cool to add them on server, a perfect replacement for Zombie.

"The Game With PURE crew has gotten this mod to work on Epoch (0.2.5.2) Bornholm. The traders and our AI mission NPCs get wrecked by the raptors but the AI manages some pretty cool tactics on both sides. The traders, though, are pretty much like the goats in the Jurassic Park movie. :-("

PURE got it work in old version of Epoch, however seems like it doesn't work with current Ver.

OK I found it, Good news Mod is not dead. Bad new it will take a lot of time to get it work with Epoch.....

Jun 28 2015, 01:23

there's going to be a minor update in the future. i have no working pc (writing from mac) right now so i can't do any work on the AI nor release what i have so far. but maybe Ruppert will repack the latest public version with a key and re-release. i'll talk to him about it.

overall the set up of the raptors is pretty fragile (it's arma after all...) and as Corporal_Lib[bR] mentioned the probability is pretty high that stuff breaks just from BIS updating and messing with animation stuff etc.

i can't do any tests myself for the time being but here are some general things to keep in mind.

- try not having the raptors in groups (they won't share targets but they will also not be any interference by default squad level AI)

- generally don't overload your mission with countless third party scripts, this can definately break the AI since it runs a pretty heavy loop to allow a lot of its features

- above goes also for number of raptors operating at the same time. each additional raptor will slow down reactions of them overall. not noticable at certain counts but if you go heavy you will notice. just like with normal AI, more units = less performance + more reaction time.

in conclusion: you will get the best out of this by making linear horror missions with dynamic raptor spawn. if you do open worldish stuff you HAVE to be economic with all the scripts you use as explained above and you will HAVE to do dynamic spawning. there are countless scripts out there that handle that (EOS for example).

the waypoint speed stuff i already fixed irc and i also added a variable to disable and enable the custom AI routines on the fly which also makes them work better with waypoints. these improvements are on hold though until, as mentioned, i have a pc up and running again.

i will also need more detailed reports. the raptors are designed standalone. so if you have a problem, first thing to do is test them in an empty mission. so can someone confirm that they don't work at all anymore?

I guess, its Official Forum: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?184846-Jurassic-Arma-Raptor-Pack/page19