Old Guys Gaming
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Mas Weapons

Marshal

Source: http://gtxgaming.co.uk/forum/forum/main-category/other-games/arma-3/arma3-epoch/52133-mass-weapons

Ok, this is how you install this as everyone can’t write proper instructions to their scripts for some reason....

On your PC

1) Use your Arma 3 Launcher to download MAS 1.8

2) Edit your start parameters - (not 100% required but I always do it should the launcher not want to play) to include the text in red below....

-mod=@Epoch0252;@AllInArmaTerrainPack;@mas18;@m3editor

(Go to steam, right click Arma 3, select properties and select Launch Parameters – it’s in there)

3) Run Arma and make sure the “NATO SF and Russian Spetsnaz Weapons” is activated

(In your game go to edit or configure and it’s in there)

On the Server (Shut it down)

1) Go onto your servers MPMissions folder and download your epoch.altis or chernarus.pbo to somewhere on your computer (I make a specific folder where I put files I’m editing)

I use Filezilla to do this (or any other FTP software)

2) Unpack the .pbo so you have a folder in there called epoch.altis / epoch.chernarus / epoch.whatever

3) Go into the folder and you should be able to can the initServer.sqf and your mission.sqm files

4) Make a folder called "LSpawner" inside of your custom folder which should be in the same place

(if you don’t have a custom folder just make one, and then make the folder above and put it in there)

5) Download this

https://github.com/pumpkinpieman/LSpawner

6) Un-zip it and go into the folders untill you see all the files (files that start with LSLoot)

7) Copy everything including the readme.txt files into the folder you created in step 4 (LSpawner)

8) Pack your folder back into a .pbo

9) ////////////Important//////////// rename the epoch.altis or epoch.chernarus file on your server to epoch.altis.orig or epoch.chernarus.orig (the server wont read it, but it means if something goes wrong you can revert back to a working copy very quick by deleting the current one and taking .orig off the end and rebooting your server)

10) Upload your pbo to your servers MPMissions folder once you re-named the existing .pbo as above

11) Go to the same folder in step 3 and open your init.sqf and copy the below into it and save

// Loot Spawner Script

if (isServer) then {

fn_getBuildingstospawnLoot = compile preProcessFileLineNumbers "fn_LSgetBuildingstospawnLoot.sqf";

LSdeleter = compile preProcessFileLineNumbers "LSdeleter.sqf";

execVM "Lootspawner.sqf";

};

(If you don’t have an init.sqf file, open notepad, save the file it into that location above and rename it to init.sqf, it will warn you but click ok and you will have an init.sqf file. Just copy the text above into it and click save)

9) Download this

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=21912

10) Un-zip it, and then using your FTP software, upload the @mas file into your servers root folder (the one where you can see @Epoch and @AllInArmaTerrainPack etc. Upload it into that location so you should see an @mas folder in the same place

You are done!

Now the hard bit….

When you boot the server, go to the NWAF and look in the hangers for loot, should see it floating, some buildings has the loot floating some doesn’t that means the LSpawner is working.

THERE WILL BE TOO MUCH LOOT

So you need to edit the LSLootLists.SQF file so there is less, and change the chance of loot spawning in the LootSpawner.SQF file.

spawnClassChance_list = [

[0, 13, 21, 24, 18, 22], // civil

[1, 22, 36, 28, 26, 18], // military

[2, 10, 21, 28, 26, 36], // industrial

[3, 12, 36, 36, -1, -1] // research

];

the numbers in red are from left to right - weapon / magazine / ICV (item/cloth/vests) /backpack/ objects

The numbers in the grid is the % chance that type of loot will spawn in those types of building (-1 means no loot)

Now the even harder bit….

Battleye,

if you add anything thats not in the the standard epoch, you will need to add battleye filters, I cant help there as its a royal PITA to be honest!

You need to learn how to write exceptions

[AllinOne] MAS Weapons, Vehicles

Source: http://epochmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/33839-allinone-mas-weapons-vehicles/

UPDATED FOR 0.3.0.2

So much people asking about how to add MAS stuff to their server..

So i repacked my configs with little tutorial...

Download: https://github.com/splitx0/A3Epoch_MAS

Tutorial:

MAS WEAPONS 1.8, VEHICLES 1.0

- PRIZES

1. add line to description.ext :

#include "cfg\CfgPricing.hpp"

2. copy file to mpmissions\epoch.Altis\cfg\CfgPricing.hpp

- PREVENT PLAYERS FROM connecting without addons @mas18 and @masvehicles

add to mission.sqm classes to addons:

"mas_weapons_pack",

"mas_weapons",

"mas_weapons_ak",

"mas_weapons_nw",

"mas_weapons_m4",

"mas_uh1y",

"mas_hmmwv",

"mas_ch47",

"mas_mi8",

"mas_brdm",

"mas_uh60m",

"mas_cars_lr",

"mas_weapons_pack",

"mas_vehicleweapons_core",

"mas_apc",

"mas_tanks",

"mas_cars",

"mas_cars_hilux",

"mas_vehicleweapons_fia"

MAS WEAPONS 1.8

- LOOT SPAWN

[1] since 0.3.0.1 you can use default loot system

1. dePBO @epochhive\addons\a3_epoch_server_settings.pbo

2. overwrite loots.h

@epochhive\addons\a3_epoch_server_settings\configs\loots.h

3. repack PBO @epochhive\addons\a3_epoch_server_settings.pbo

[2] on unsupported maps you can use server sided edit of LSpawner [Na_Palm]

- copy/pack or whatever LSpawner... to: @epochhive\addons\

- You will have to probably delete all stuff with sillencers and optics since it causing dupping.

- Also you will have to delete some backpacks that are duping explosives

- not updated with marksmen stuff

- I dont use LSpawner anymore...

MAS Vehicles 1.0

- SPAWN

1. add lines from epochconfig_vehicles.hpp to @epochhive\epochconfig.hpp