Old Guys Gaming
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Minecraft Update Coming this Fall (4K, Cross-Platform)

https://www.polygon.com/e3/2017/6/11/15771190/minecraft-servers-cross-platform-e3-2017

Minecraft players, no matter the device, will soon be able to play together, Mojang announced during Xbox briefing during E3 2017.

The company is set to introduce in-game servers allowing players to access one another as well as third-party content from a simple menu. Currently, server access requires complicated log-in procedures. New servers will go online from four partners: Lifeboat, InPvP, Mineplex and CubeCraft.

Microsoft also announced that its "Better Together" update will bring more platforms into the cross-platform and saved-data fold, including Windows 10, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, virtual reality and mobile.

Minecraft is getting a full 4K facelift this fall to coincide with the launch of the Xbox One X, the retail name for Project Scorpio. In addition, there are other things just for Xbox users, like Minecraft Realms, which gives Xbox Live members access to subscription-based private servers for up to 10 people on Xbox One.

Edited by Guest

• 2 weeks later...

I'm excited that I'll be able to play on my Xbox One in the server. The new graphics upgrade will perform so much better compared to my computer.

• 2 years later...