Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Moderators Perhaps?

Popeye

Mods  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Do you beleive moderators are a good idea for OGG servers?

Now this may seem like a weird one but its a thought. I know we have wonderful and helpful admins but I understand being one can be a pain in the ass 110% of the time (As I was one on another server). How about having a few moderators? People with less powers than the admins but also having the abilities to help players with certain things to take the load off of the admins. If the mods cant fix it they will talk to the admin of choice rather than having a random player pulling one of our admins who could be doing something else at that time. I understand a few of them do way more than just admin the servers, whether it be personal, coding, forum modifications or what have you. So I'd think it would be a good idea. Maybe only allow the mods to teleport and kick/mute players? The simple things again just to take the load off. :)

Edited by Popeye

8 minutes ago, Rand0m_Her0 said:

Dane is in the process finalizing an OGG admin application. 

Admin applications are available on the forum under Arma3 and Life Is Feudal.  The LIF server has a moderator with @Dgalep , she pretty much just handles kicks/bans when I am not around, and occasionally helps out with server events and it works pretty well.

Only being able to give an opinion about the Arma 3 servers I had to vote No. Either you  become an Admin with all responsabilities, powers and perks or you just leave your fingers from it. I see no point in having  "moderators" on the Arma servers that will only be equipped with watered down powers. You gave an example that moderators should only be able to teleport/kick/mute players , these are things that in my opinion  should only be carried out by Admins!!  When a player needs to be kicked or muted then he / she is bordering on a permaban for whatever reason.

I am not sure that this is even possible with the  Infistar Admin tool.

All  Admins should know what they are letting themselves in for and that they are going to have to sacrifice some game time so that others can play and have fun.

• Upvote 1

i'm going to say no, and here's why..  i can state with confidence that i believe we (at least when it comes to A3) have more than enough admin support.  95% of the time, one of us is either on the server itself, in TS, or on the website.  if we could replace some of our current admin roster who are MIA or elsewhere, that's fine..(maybe even promote one or two of us to a lead admin status)  however, i think we have all the help we can handle when it comes admins/moderators in A3. 

• Upvote 1

regardless of which avenue we decide to pursue with this, i'm of firm belief that we (arma 3) have a few admins who are either AWOL, uninterested, or have plainly moved on.  before we bring anyone else on (if that's where this ends up going) i think we need to do a bit of trimming to our admin roster.  otherwise we end up with too many chiefs, and not enough indians.  yes, it will more than likely raise the question of 'why aren't i an admin any longer?'  the answer is simple, those people aren't here.  not to throw anyone under the bus, but there's a few of us who just aren't here.  i understand problems and life tend to rear their heads at the least opportune time, but that's why we've all agreed to put in notice when we're going to be on extended absence.  not trying to hurt feelings here, but there are more than a few people who just don't show up.

I understand on all accounts/opinions here. The reason it was brought to the forums is I've seen it work very well other places. Not to say Ive seen or had any trouble getting ahold of anyone but Ive also noticed that you all are needed damn near 24/7 and it can be a pain in the rear. On the other hand, I can concur what johnny said is very true with the "trimming" of the roster. Heck Ive even seen admins ive never met before join ts a few times.