Old Guys Gaming
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Monthly Rant

Goona

I would  like to start by saying this rant is aimed at a very small minority of players who believe it is their duty to smash every fucking mission on the map one after the other.  I have just come out of the game to cool down before I lose my fucking rag and blow some twat out of the sky. I mission in a Tigris with an Ammo Hemit on tow  so my speed traversing the map is very slow.  If I am in my Heli and decide on which mission I would like I check the map to see if any other player is heading towards the mission if they are I'll check with them on com's  if they are going to the same mission,  if they are and they clearly started out before I did I will leave them to it regardless if they are within the 2K limit or not,  I know I could clearly beet him to the 2K limit but it's not fair on the slower moving players to always get duped by the helicopter, like I said before most of the players  in game also do this,  but a very small minority don't, I was at the central trader and picked a mission on the west side of the map nobody was in the vicinity of the mission and nobody was on the way to the mission so I started out I got halfway there and a player in a helicopter  beat me to the 2K limit and marks the mission so I let that slide and another mission spawned on the south east side of the map  so I turned around  put my directional mark on the map 10 km out, I didn't mark the mission just a directional marker, now 10 km in a tracked vehicle is going to take me awhile,  I got to within 2.9 km of the mission stopped to check the map and the same player who took my first mission was now marking and clearing the second mission all legal as far as the rules go because he was inside the 2 km mark but  it gave me the raving fucking hump that he didn't have the decency to see if I was going to that mission I was the only player on the right hand side of the map clearly going to the only mission on the right hand side  so I had two options left open to me 1 was to stick a Titan Missile up his fucking exhaust pipe, and 2 was to go back to my base and log off for some chill time,  I chose option 2.

This player hadn't at any time broking any of the rules but I think the 2 km rule might have to be looked at as far as ground vehicles and air vehicles, 2 km rule for air  and say 3.5 km for wheeled vehicles to give the players on the ground a fighting chance, just a suggestion anyway.

Rant over

I hope you all have a very pleasant week

Goona

• Upvote 3

Goona, thanks for posting this. I can understand your frustration with the other player and you did the right thing of beating up your pillow and not the other player, by bringing this here for us to handle for you. This was brought up at the past meeting we had and we are looking at some solutions.

• Upvote 1

• 3 months later...

I totally agree.  I have started using air xport to but usually stop within 2k and look to see if anyone is coming, sometimes I get beat to the punch anyway.  Most stay away from the colonel missions so I can usually get to them.

When theres 15+ folks on its hard to find open missions so I usually just fly around using rockets on city invasions.  I wouldn't mind the 2k limit to be removed, it would at least save me a lot of flying and waiting for a new mission to pop.  

Some like to post their objectives in the chat, but that is too easy to miss.

You  may just have to get a little bird to fly and claim the mission, then fly back and get your heavy.