Old Guys Gaming
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

PVE Exile on OGG - The Story

sam17101

So, I didn't realize what I was signing up for when I agreed to be part of the Exile Experiment.  It sounded fun, get away from a corrupt government of greedy selfish people out to keep me down.  Build my own world, a utopia of my own.  They never said any thing about a militia on this island.  Never said any thing about roaming psychos in military vehicles.  Even the police are corrupt and killers.  This is nothing like they made it out to be.

The cruise in was nice.  It helped to add to the deception that awaited me.  Even when we landed in Kavla every thing seemed like a vacation.  I was so excited, pretty girls, white sandy beaches, blue skys and sun shine.  This was it, the life I always wanted.

The next day I woke up to the cold hard reality of it.  Gunshots rang out and I thought it was some one shooting off party poppers and fireworks till I found my self staring down the barrel of a .45 revolver.  If it hadn't been for a man who I will nick name Lt. Ironsides, I would not have lasted.  He saved me and quickly brought me up to speed.  This 'experiment' was simply a way for the government to get rid of any one they considered a dissident.  He gave me a handgun and sent me on my way.

To my surprise we had a cash system.  Pop tabs, thats what we call it.  I dont know why that came to be but it is so I could care less.  I found food and water, so I didnt have to buy that, but clothes, a back pack, all of these things cost money.  Needless to say, this first real day on Altis was hell, but it was not the worst of it!

• Upvote 1

The next day or two I spent just roaming around.  Houses were unowned but yet there were supplies and gear in them.  At first I left stuff alone, thinking it was peoples, but then I saw the 'locals' taking stuff from the houses and decided I would too.  By night fall I had a pistol belt and a small back pack, enough food for a couple days and clean water and a shotgun.  Honestly I felt like hot stuff.  I found an abandoned home in the middle of Athira and I hunkered down for the night.  My mistake!

I woke up to a rifle to my head, a guy going through my freshly acquired goods, and a very mean looking warlord who I was sure would kill me.  He said I wasn't worth the bullet and instead he just took all my stuff and drove off, but I learned three important lessons.  One, make sure I am some where more secure when I go to bed.  Two, stash some food and water near by in case I'm discovered.  Three, and most important of all, there are working vehicles on this island!  So, I went about looking for more stuff.  I wondered if that was what my life was coming down to, looking for stuff.

****By the way gang, found this link, its pretty kewl.  ALTIS is real!  https://www.google.com/maps/@39.9185236,25.2295942,28928m/data=!3m1!1e3 ****

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...
I found my self a radio on one of the soldiers I killed and soon I was able to hear what was going on.  This time I had the drop on them.  I listened day after day as I gathered supplies and resources.  Soon I would hit them.  Soon I would take from them and make my own.  When I finally considered my self ready, I moved out.

As I was on my way to a local militia base I heard a report on the radio.  Another survivor on the island was found near by and was quickly killed with such precision and such execution that I realized I'd never get close enough to take out this squad of soldiers.  I quickly doubled back to my 'shack' and started to reevaluate my approach.  A long range sniper assault was my safest bet.  So I mounted a scope on my best rifle and began training.

I must have made too much noise because soon another survivor stumbled upon my training grounds.  It was a good idea to work together, so we did.  First we took out a local police garrison who took a town.  After a while, though, we trained so well we assaulted a military unit.  We got them, but not before my friend died.  We had cleared the area, we thought, but we missed one.  That one found us and killed my friend.  I was able to pull my rifle in time and kill the soldier before he got me.  So I survive another day, this time at the cost of a new friend.

• 3 months later...