Old Guys Gaming
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Star Citizen

HeiNRicH

Preface: I am a bit of a fanboy for star citizen so my opinion is heavily biased. 

Game:
The game itself is probably the most hyped up game ever. It tries to tackle so much and if it is all fulfilled it will be the largest most complex fps/mmorpg space sim game ever. The game developers actually hired a team of physicists just in order to properly mimic the movements of spacecraft and planets. Some of the facets are just mind boggling, like insurance on vessels for example. Try hard to not blindly jump onto the hype train like I did, it has been years of waiting.  

Content thus far: 
The game is still alpha, currently it is at 2.5 with 2.6 being released in the coming months. 3.0 is the stated benchmark for its official release. Right now there is a semi-persistent universe that gives a small glimpse into the game, progress gets reset every dot patch however. Flying and combat in that game is amazingly fun and complex. You don't just fly, you have to spend time learning the unique sub systems of each craft and power constraints for example. 

Appeal:
The game is like Eve wrapped in a FPS, multi-crewed ships, specialized ships and etc that according to devs will literally let you do anything you want. You can make money bounty hunting, charting and exploring the galaxy and even mining as well. Not to mention the FPS shooter portion that will allow boarding of other ships. 

General Opinion: 
The game already imo, has tackled so much more then any other game to date. However, you have to take in account the games slow development. 

My unsure turned into 'I now have a Mustang Alpha and am currently downloading the game'.  

I'm familiar with the timeline on the game, as an old Arma2/DayZ acquaintance of Deadman's and mine actually 'bought' a ship probably 2 or 3 years ago.  Watching some youtube vids of online gameplay convinced me to fork over the $45 to try it out. Ask deadman how odd that is.

29 minutes ago, Colin said:

And your first impressions HeiNRicH ?

Jump drive is worth the $45.......

But seriously, I didn't get a lot of time last night to do stuff.  The game is in pre-alpha, so there are bugs. I am playing with a couple of Firefall buddies, one of which has a Constellation Andromeda(5 person ship) so we tried to use it and stay together.  The game being what it is, I got ejected from my turret during a dogfight on our first run and when I was able to re-enter the ship, it bugged out the ship.  We restarted, attempted the same mission again, were able to complete it, but some ass-hat decided to pvp us as we were preparing to leave the area. I was ejected again, the ship bugged worse, causing only fore and aft movement, and the 2nd turret was unresponsive.  We regrouped, took separate single-pilot ships to another mission, completed it no problem.  We were going to do another mission, but it was time for me to hit the sack.

Hi, been having the no ships in dock + invisible character bug the last couple of days , have you or any of your friends got the same or know of a work around ? Tried deleting User files but didnt help any.

Edited by Colin

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...