HockeyBear82

Should Slums be disabled?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Should Slums be disabled?

• Yea
    • Nay
    • Other (Please post below)

• 4 weeks later...

Slums dont normally attack outside of thier box unless you entered their sphere to draw them out. Fewer things to do will ALWAY be bad a choice.

I'd like a petition to put salt flats merc base back in. Thats a great encounter!

I know I suck, but GET GUD ;)

Would not mind seeing the slat flats base in, I can put a marker on the Slums mission and watch my FPS change as I get with in range. Or move the Slums mission to the edge of the map like the other static missions.

If you track your utilization and frames, the moment missions like black market and general's fob load onto the map your cpu usage skyrockets and your frames dump. I suspect this is due in part to the packet transfer rates the server is on. The same can be said when friendly ai aircraft fly over in view/render distance.

You can force your computer to mem dump on the server currently. Park two cheetahs next to each other and have them begin firing. You can stand there and watch your frames dump and utilization skyrocket to the point where assets begin to fail to load.

Point being there is a major disconnect atm with how the server is sending and receiving packets. This boils down to facets like how the server is set up, priorities if the server is virtual, and et al.

The mission file doesn't seem large enough to be causing this problem, unless there is an erroneous mod in the mission file that is running an error and continually using server ram to create dump files of error logs.

X's work to reduce total ai on the server at any given time seems to have helped. Leading me to believe that it is infact a server utilization issue.

We can further refine this by implementing the ai reserve mechanics seen at the golden ketch mission. Where only X amount of ai is loaded at mission start but will continue to spawn ai as another one dies until value Y is met.

However this is of course only a temporary solution.

It would be smart imo to drop RHS and HLC entirely as it is not well supported. We could replace this with the complete cup lineup of vehicles,weapons,aircraft and et al. Cup is a known stable mod that meshes well, the steam support would be a godsend to those experiencing .dll errors.

However this of course would mean we loose some of the unique weapons from RHS. In addition HLC is outdated, its assets and files have been taken over by another mod group. HLC is from what I have read no longer going to be a definite supported mod on Apex's future. NIarms superceeds it, keeping HLC would just become a burden in the long run.

• 2 weeks later...