Old Guys Gaming
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Proposal to Remove Grass From Server (Vote)

S. Mick

Should we turn grass OFF on the Exile server?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Should we turn grass OFF on the Exile server?

• YES
    • NO

After talking to Deadman I received permission to get a vote on whether or not to disable grass. This is a simple yes or no vote but feel free to leave comments. I want the grass turned off on the exile server, mainly because it's PvE and AI ignores grass and can see you through it. Secondarily, it may help framerates for people on older hardware like myself.

On the downside, the game won't look as pretty or detailed without grass. This doesn't affect other plant objects, though. Only grass.

TheOctagon go here for your path to better frame rates.

http://old-guys-gaming.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=428

But before you go to that link, think on this, chasing after the best frame rates is an insatable monster. Don't be displeased with your current FPS if you are able to play. Do try to improve them, but if you aren't successful to the point of satisfaction don't get discouraged, just join the rest of us in that race.

I was going to vote yes if it helps, plus the ai can see us through the grass, but we can't see them. I guess you could look at that as a disadvantage or a challenge. I don't think I will miss the grass. I'll just look at it like the lawn is being maintained thoroughly.