Old Guys Gaming
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

vehicles on missions

big j

can we get a final answer on weather or not  we can use a armed vehicle on a mission.        i understand i am guilty of using my gorgon on the ai base. but to start off on that  yes i was the only one doing the mission.  no one else wanted to help.  time is a issue sometimes when i play so i like to get best bang for buck.  also when you die and are the only one doing the mission   aka sniping, the mission despawns  example you kill 50+ ai and die  missions gone    do it again  hit a lag spike and ai pops ya.    if vehicles arnt supposed to be used on missions then what is point of being able to buy them and kill the ai that also have heavy armor vehicles.   i know this sounds like a rant but the ai also have rockets  so taking a vehicle into battle  and  it gets blown up is the same as going in on foot and getting shot.         also  i hate the answer of oh the crate is worth 40k...  well ive killed ai in tanks and btrs with a sniper and have made more than that so the money thing sounds kind of bs.   with the ai base they keep respawning unlike a random vehicle so i can make money faster by catching ai vehicles on the road

I would prefer that vehicles that are capable of completing a mission in seconds not be used. I have 2 reasons for this: 1st reason is that missions aren't designed for this type of attack and have no real defense against it. You're basically hitting the easy mode button without any real effort or risk. The 2nd reason is that it has and will cause hard feelings for other players. If other players don't have the ability, the vehicle or want to finish a mission without using vehicles and have to compete with players using God's Wrath of vehicles then it's an unfair advantage that I would prefer to avoid. I do understand your point about the worth of armored vehicles if you can't use them on missions so maybe we can look into putting a couple of really tough missions out that only contain armored vehicles with some kind of defense to assist them that you can use your vehicles on. Hope this all makes sense.

But to sit in the armoured Bases that are 50 meters in the air ,full of Food, water and ammo basically just " Farming " the missions all around Telos, Anthakia and Free Gas is accepable ? These missions were not designed for this approach either. Atleast when we use a vehicle at a mission there is a very high risk that it will be destroyed by Anti-tank (thx X8 was about time) which is a loss of 80,000 -140,000 poptabs .When a group decides to take on a mission then it should be cleared if armoured vehicles are to take part or not. Just to generally say no armour at missions is the wrong approach.

hi guys

Me personally have sniped missions and died and i have used btr's/tanks on missions and died the only difference is i've lost my 80,000+ armored vehicle :(

I can't see how if one player uses a tank on a mission should be upsetting anyone considering they are free to do the same its simply a players or opportunity decision

with nearly all the ai carrying some form of rocket launcher just trying to get to trader is difficult lol (thanks X8 by the way :) )

anyway happy gaming everyone

It's hard to find middle ground on this. If you make the random Ai to hard, new players, or players who don't want tanks, are in a huge disadvantage.

I don't know if you guys want this, but i've seen a other server make 1 part of the map Ai fortified.

A5sOeQY.jpg

They had Ai barricades along the roads and alot of bases there. Maybe try to make something like that, so that people who want to use tanks on Ai can have their fun, but others aren't "forced" to roll around in tanks.

You could prolly replace the Ai Base and the generals FOB with this? And maybe reduce the Ai at regular missions again, to decrease server load.

If I had my way those bases would be gone as well. When I take on a mission I want to be challenged. To me that's fun (maybe it's not fun for other people to do it this way). Where is the fun when you have towers or a tank and kill everything in a matter of seconds with little risk for the reward? At this point it just becomes more of a grind and your doing it only for the loot and respect....at some point I would ask myself "Wait....this was supposed to be fun right?" My main issue with tanks and the like is if they are used to clear a mission from 1000m out. If we could figure out a way to bring some balance back then I would be ok with it. Introducing anti tank measures is a good start.

• Upvote 1

As Jaspoe30 has stated Balance is the key, and communication plus patience on our part is also an element to add to this conversation. There might not be an easy answer to this. The heavier armored vehicles were brought in because of the Helicopter convoy's and then those vehicles were used to take out the missions that pop up around the map making it easier and easier for the player base. The player base gets bored and they want more weapons and other toys and after that they are bored again. There doesn't seem to be an end. The AI get tougher we want more toys to combat that. That's fine but boredom comes quick and where do we go from there. To keep from being bored you as a player base and myself included must change the way we do things on this map with this Mod. It's a PvE server, which means we are in conflict with the environment. The AI should always have the upper hand and we need to figure out, adjust what we are doing, make a plan before going out to complete a mission and except the fact that we will most likely loose most of the time. We are not Kings with castles and lots of loot, but convicts on the run trying to survive.

Now these are my thoughts and will welcome feedback.

• Upvote 1

I agree with both jaspoe30 and Sarge. I to think the tanks are taking the fun and danger aspect from the server. Exile should be a survival mod, but on the server atm, it's just play around with fancy toys with almost no risk.

My ideal server would one where a armed pickup is the best vehicle, high end guns can't be bought, just found and be very rare, Ai should be a threat again, and not because they are in a OP tank.

Traders should be there to keep a player barely alive, with food/drinks and ammo, not the cater to our every needs.

But that's not what most players want, they want the easy life. It's up to the crew, and our input, to find a nice balance we all like.