Old Guys Gaming
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Graduatly worse FPS?

Alan's Snackbar

Dunno if it's just me, but my FPS is getting worse almost by the day on the server. First few days i was on i was at 25/30, then after a couple of weeks it went to 20/25. Still very playable for me, but lately im barely getting 10/15 fps, even sitting still, doing nothing at base. And i don't think it's my base, cuz it's quite small. I also get a huge lagspike, down to 0/5 fps whenever a mission spawns. Around terminal i barely get above 10, but that's mainly cuz of the vehicle clutter that keeps arrising there. It's been cleared the 25th, 4 days later, 15/20 vehicles stored there again.

That traderzone unlock script that is in Exile would help with that. Just add a clear server message to not leave vics at trader.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Any of the add ons we put on would not affect the FPS. In fact they should improve the FPS. Adding in new construction items with less object count means less objects loading on the server which means lowered FPS. Moving AI spawning and calculations over to the headless client to take the load off the server means better frames and server performance. Across the board we have noticed better FPS with most if not all players. Sometimes with a 10-15 FPS increase. We still aren't perfect, we also struggle with performance simply because we are running on a virtual machine instead of a true dedicated box, however we don't have the funds to make the move to a dedicated box yet. That said because we have made progress with FPS maybe it's time you take a look at your end.