Old Guys Gaming
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

A few suggestions.

Alan's Snackbar

First off, really enjoy the server, and the community. I do have a few suggestions for the server.

Please tone down the AI tanks a bit. Your forcing your players to only use highend tanks, cuz with everything else you don't stand a change.

I'm talking about the Marshall and Gorgon. Even in a tank, they will take you out in 2 shots. When the AI have HMG vehicles you stand a chance, now you dont. 

Same with the AI all having grenade launchers with some sort of rapid fire. Anything without tracks gets disabled in seconds.

I know it more of a challenge for the veterans, but new players have no chance at all, thus they leave very fast.

I also want to recommend a few scripts: This will give you a instadoc hotkey on your #7 key.

In:exileclient_gui_hud_event_onkeydown.sqfFind:case 0x08:Replace with:case 0x08:{if ("Exile_Item_InstaDoc" in (magazines player)) then{["Exile_Item_InstaDoc"] call ExileClient_object_item_consume;}else{["Whoops", ["You need a InstaDoc to do that!"]] call ExileClient_gui_notification_event_addNotification;};_stopPropagation = true;};

Fix for the loosing of mags on relog/restart:

http://www.exilemod.com/topic/8828-fix-losing-a-mag-everytime-you-relog/

Chopping wood directly into a vehicle, nice now that take all doesnt work like it did:

http://www.exilemod.com/topic/7511-chop-wood-script-directly-in-vehicle/

And is it possible to change the traderzone godmode? Cuz as of now, we can't shoot out, and whenever ai vics get close to it, they get godmode for quite a long time.

-Edit1-

Give the mission AI more AT weapons, cuz as of know, barely anyone actually does a mission with a gun. Just blast them away with a vic and you're done.

I agree with Mr.Snackbar on most of his post. The only thing I am against is the trader zone thing. If players could shoot out they would camp the zone and thus make it pointless... As to what to do about it, I would say either turn off the god mode for players and ai or simply make the zone smaller so it is just the building that is in it.

Alan has a great point about the new players. last weekend at the peek times there were 29 people on the server. alot of these has not been back because the loot rate is so low taht you have to stand around for a long time and wait for a spawn.(also none of the CUP, RHS, or the HLC weapons are in the loot list) The long loot wait makes it almost pointless to try and do loot runs. As of right now the only way to stay afloat on the server is to hunt vehicles. Forced vehicle hunting is caused by the long loot time and lack of items in the loot list, and by the fact that the missions are to easy.

I will explain my point on the missions. They have at most eight enemy ai at them.(just the red, green and yellow missions) The free gas up north by the salt flats has a broken loot crate.(the crate spawns under one of the buildings. Which causes it to be destroyed every time the mission is cleared) In the loot crates from the red, green, and yellow missions there is only a few guns and a little food. your max payout for one mission is only around 3k. This number is including all the gear off the ai. Where as you can make 40k off one vehicle. If the missions were a little harder(more ai, around 12-15 for the red, 8-10 yellow and 6 for the green) and they payed a little better players would see them as a viable option to vehicle hunting.

The underwater missions. As a whole i don't think anyone in the community has actually completed one of these missions. They are either to glitched(boats on the land or under the water, and the ai inside of the rocks)  or the water is to thick and murky to see in even with diving goggles. In their current state the underwater missions are just using up server resources which could be used to run more of the other missions at one time if the underwater ones were not running.

None if what I have said here is meant as a complaint. I am just trying to make suggestions in a friendly and helpful way. These are meant to improve there server and draw new players. It is all well and good to have access to cool tanks and such but if you have to roll around in a 175,000 pop tab tank all the time because you are constantly being destroyed then the server might be at a point where the newer players are getting pounded the whole time they are logged in because they are in SUVs and such. This is causing a lot of them to rage quit.  Those of us that have the equipment to take out the bigger enemies(bobcats, BMP-3, panthers, and the marshals) can do well but these new people have no defense. You can say in response that they should get a rocket launcher. However, they would then have to see the enemy vehicle first and have time to respond. Most of the time that is not going to happen, not to mention most of the time new players can't afford a launcher. The extreme direction the server is headed reminds me of BIGSL and that is not good because his servers where and still are meat grinders and no one wants to play on them. I think the management team here at Old Guys needs to strive to achieve a balance between the difficultly and the cool toys. As a general rule with pve servers you get players in with a large variety of weapons and vehicles and you keep them coming back by having a challenge and a great community. Perhaps think about removing some of the heli crashes in favor of the mission system.  

If the loot and loot rate where adjusted and the missions tweaked and increased(more than 3 on the map), the underwater missions scraped in favor of the land based ones in higher quantity. There would be more opportunity for new players to grow and prosper.

A product can not be improved without feedback. I hope that my feedback has been insightful and helps with some of your decisions for the future of Old Guys Gaming PVE. Please keep up the great work. You are all busy especially you Jason and I know a lot of  these suggestions would be up to you to look into. That being said I personally thank each and every one of you guys on the management team of OGG. The server you run is a great place to join and be with friends and just have fun. What a great community that is being fostered here!! Way to go and keep it up fellas. 

Here are a few other things

http://www.exilemod.com/topic/8853-leader-board-for-your-website/    This is a leader board for the webpage.

http://www.exilemod.com/topic/6814-scratchies-v06-a-lottery-like-game-used-in-exile-mod-v094-xm8/     A fun little Scratch off game.

http://www.exilemod.com/topic/7026-increase-loot-spawn-speed/

http://www.exilemod.com/topic/670-starting-items/     This should help to make it so players spawn with a pistol or whatever. You might have to remove the water bottle you start with because the orange suit doesn't have room for the mags, gun and the bottle. That might be why we got mags before but no gun.

Or try this 

http://www.exilemod.com/topic/6132-spawn-items/

hi guy's first off great server great community a really appreciate all the work every one does to keep it going :)

my opinion mirrors that of alan's snackbar and (cj)45 i think the server is a little ai heavy, one problem i am finding with the ai tanks is the trouble you have of getting the ai out of them even when you have disabled them :(

maybe lowering the number of roaming ai and beefing up the missions would be a way to go i for one enjoy doing the missions but find them a little easy because of so few ai at them.

i also agree with the loot spawning is there a way to increase the time and what is spawned ?

anyway thats my two cents worth lol :)

see you in game

Hi guys. I agree with all that's been said. Making these changes would make noob's feel more welcome and possible stay with OGG.

Its great to see so many players on server. Great opportunity for admins to organize some events if possible.

thanks guys for all the hard work on the server

catch u in game :)

Just wanted to throw out a HUGE thank you to all the admins!! I know I have been asking a lot of you guys lately as far as changes to the server are concerned. I apologize if that has made anyone feel forced to make them... I personally feel responsible because there seems to be only a few who are willing to provide feedback. Hopefully we can get a few more people involved. I intend on toning the suggestions and requests down. You guys have done a great job with all the new things.   

In summery THANK YOU ALL :) :) :)

[video=youtube]http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gD7pd03L43k

(CJ)45 toning down is not required of you at anytime for yours is very constructive to the dev team. You are showing you care for not only your time on the server but also other players. Just remember that you were heard and that some of your suggestions were acted on right away. I appreciate you and all of the player base that comes forward with ideas to keep the ball rolling so to speak.

To echo Sarge CJ, your constructive feedback is very necessary. Most of the needed changes we've implemented over the last few days have been because of you and the others in this thread. Don't feel like you're being a pest, we need more people like you guys giving us feedback. Keep it up! Oh and I'm not changing the starting pistol!!! =P Well maybe I will...who knows lol

Got a suggestion about the day/night cycle, and that dreadfull voting system. Would be nice to have a steady day/night cycle on the server, like 2/2 or 2.5/1.5. Now it's never night cuz everyone is to lazy to get proper gear, and just votes day at the first sign of darkness. And i don't know if its possible, but the switch between day and night should be a bit faster, as of now, we get that beautifull but annoying low sun for almost an hour. That's prolly the reason people vote day, cuz it's to dark to see proper, but way to light for NVG's then.

I found a A3 fullscreen NVG's mod, don't know if it works in Exile tho:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=21772

Maybe it's an idea to get rid of the random spawn bikes around the spawnzones, as they are hardly found/uesd, and always spawn in the exact middle of the road. So we will crash into them and die. Would like to see some more random spawn cars/trucks. And the possibility to spawn our own bike.

Can you add the base upgrade kit to trader, and as a rare spawn?

-Edit-

Maybe an idea to add the Demo mags for different guns to the trader, gives us a bit more chance when we encounter an Ai vehicle.

And this one is a biggy, lots of work, but would be nice if most of the vehicles could tow/be towed. As of now, most of the tracked vehicles, and some of the APC's, cant tow/be towed.

hello everyone

just wondering if there was a way to increase the difficulty of the ai base mission on the salt flats ?

myself and alan snack bar did this last night and to say it was easy is an understatement all the ai were in one corner, only one mounted gun defense and one armed strider.

is there a way to increase the ai difficulty level as well more anti vehicle defense possibly mines around the outer perimeter ?

its just that its suposed to be a base and well you dont need much to take it down lol i know i'm probably shooting my self in the foot so to speak and will quickly get my ass handed to me if/when any changes are made but bring on the wake up call lol

love all the hard work you guys do and am willing to help out where ever i can

cheers

Agree with most of what has been said. Especially the AI Base, which should be EPIC, like an ongoing server event that requires the collective effort of many to complete, not easily done and widely feared. The bikes in road are annoying and troublesome, mission vehicles de-spawning within minutes of mission completion also annoying. Underwater missions probably wasted resources; alternatively, love the A-10 rescue mission, very nice! Frame rate and lag is becoming problematic, need a scripting guru to look for opportunities to increase efficiency. Keep hearing about the infamous invulnerable AI, although extremely tough on occasion, I have been able to kill ai in every encounter I have had. Scuba uniform de-spawning on restarts is VERY frustrating. Would like to see weather events, don't recall that feature happening on this server. Addicted to the GAME, server rocks - need therapy! Good job guys!

Another tip from my side. Loose the CUP weapons and switch over to mass. I think cup weapons is the reason the trader isn't working as it should. Now for every gun we need to guess wich attachment maybe fits. And Mass vs Cup is quality over quantity.

OR just drop CUP. Please don't add anything new mod wise. Far to many of us only get 20 frames as is..... and no one say get a better pc. There are alot of us that are getting not so good frames. Most of the people getting frame issues have great PCs. 

The FUms missions could also go. Not many people do them and that means there are seven missions on the map at most time that don't get completed.

Everyone has an opinion and the removal of these two features is my suggestion to speed up the server. 

If we are talking quality over quantity then we should definitely keep the HLC and RHS mods they are much higher quality than the CUP mod. However some fat could be trimmed from the server for sure. That being said either we need to loose missions and a mod or the roaming AI system has to take the hit. The server is loosing players due to the FPS issues.

Again just my opinion.

• Upvote 1

Lots of good suggestions here.., and maybe its just me but we are supposed to have been "exiled" to a penal colony so here is my 2 cents..

1: Drop CUP weapons, broke missions, and anything else dragging down server performance.

2: Put HLC & RHS weapons in the loot tables

3: Some items should only be craftable, or lootable.

4. The absolute best vehicle we should be able to by is a 50 cal truck or hmmv. ( how ever you should be able to capture a AI vehicle and slap a code lock on it)

5. Tune the AI down just a hair ( Im talking about the aimbot portion, and the spot you from 1 click out parts)

We are ment to survive this exile, not roll into the trader and buy anything our hearts desire, if you want something you should have to find, craft, or steal it.

Just thought off another good idea. If a map change isn't gonna happen in the near future, remove the terminal trader from Altis, and scatter some smaller traders around the map.

Two upsides, 1 being there will be no more terminal safezone parking, 2 it will make players fan out on the rest of the map. I think now 90% of the bases are within 5k of terminal trader.

While we appreciate the suggestions the snarky comments are not needed. Like I said before there are only 2 of us working on the server. Anything that does change will be for the betterment of the community and not to please one or two players. We do look at all the suggestions and we do discuss them however there is a limit to what we can implement and what we can't. Changing the map or changing the way the entire server runs is not something to take lightly and requires a TON of work, not to mention that we need to take into consideration the other players and how they would react to such a change. That said we know there are issues with the server such as uniforms disappearing, vehicles going missing and things like that that have priority over completely redoing the server. We will fix those things but right now our hands are tied by BI. We can't fix what they broke.

I'm guesing it's safe to presume nothing is going to change?

We have made 68% of the changes you suggested. Due to which 40% of players have complained about 75% of the changes and 90% of the players have complained about 15% of the changes.

In future we should run polls before making changes.