Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

NEW Missions (several)

Hu5ky

Pending Testing by X8 and the Admin Team

StaticMission = underwater.sql

Number of AI = approx 49+  (includes 12 divers) [sometimes the ai commit suicide when the mission starts] {reduced divers to 6 - due to time to complete mission before restart constraint}

Number of Ai Vehicles = 7 (1 Pawnee [2] + 4 HMG Speedboats [12] + 1 FV432 Bulldog [2]+ 1 LCU Mk10 [1]) [17]

There are NO static guns/rocket launchers (doesn't mean they are not carrying launchers :) )

Rewards = HMG Speedboat ( possibly an unarmed AAV as well ) [you might find some poptabs inside one of the vehicles]

Lootbox = There is NO lootbox - the mission rewards are the 2 vehicles and looting the bodies on the island. ( The Lootbox still exists but is located in an inaccessible place unless your X8, Dane or Foxeh )

Mission Name / Marker = STATIC: Finding Nemo

Number of players = 2 players or more is recommended - but if your a very skilled person and have lots of money and patience then you might be able to solo it.

Premise = 

"Huskys Pirate gang are hiding their money, vehicles and supplies offshore! Eliminate them and take their stuff!"

This is a NO vehicle mission except to get to the Island and if you have one a boat/SDV to reach the diver group.

You may require assistance to complete this mission as you may die underwater and loose all your gear -  only do this mission if you can afford to loose.

Vehicle Recommendations = 1 Taru + 1 Strider + SDV

Gear you must take with you to complete the mission = SDAR rifle and ammo (only dual purpose mags) + Diver Gear ( Suit+Rebreather+Goggles) 

Good Luck and beware of the sharks :)

I have never changed/edited/modified any Arma 3 mission files before so there may be some errors in loot.

EDIT 15th Feb 2019:

Removed SDV (submersible) ai vehicle.

Adding Ai vehicles ( not yet in Trader Lists ) =

FV432 Bulldog ( bottom left - GAZALA ) has gun so beware! [Hint: It has commander smoke deployment]

Spoiler

montage_4.jpg

LCU Mk10 ( mk10 landing craft utitlity - ( vehicle does NOT include a Tank and cannot fight back ) - just something to make things look more interesting :)

This vehicle is Slowly heading towards the Mission waypoint from Ammolofi Bay on the mainland and should be the first thing you see as you head towards the mission / island. ( I did this to ensure that the mission is working - if you see this LCU and its moving towards the island/mission then all is well and working ) 

Spoiler

burnes-armories-mk10-landing-craft-utitl

P.S. The LCU is hard to kill but as there is only 1 ai in the vehicle you may be able to snipe him from the island after you have cleared it otherwise you may need 4 or more Titan Rockets to completely do the job and sink it.

EDIT: 16th Feb 

Moved divers to shallow water as where they were it is too dark and deep to find them

They are now located to the west side of the island near a wrecked Trawler [ the LCU will go there so just follow it :) ]

Moved Reward Vehicles to the same location and moved marker to correspond to the change

EDIT: 20th Feb

Moved the AAV into the water and raised it higher into the air so that it will not get stuck in the sand when the mission is won.

Added 6 more divers to the group as they have been found to leave the water and search for players on the island if the player is on foot and within range.

The Bulldog is not as dangerous as I thought but I wont change it just yet.

The LCU is a very hard vehicle to destroy so try to kill the pilot/driver instead.

EDIT: 21st Feb

Added two more patrol boats - hopefully to accompany the LCU.

Spoiler

sc-rhib-port-version-10-1_4.jpg

Edited by Hu5ky

Update: I have been testing/checking for 12 hours and I am still getting errors from this mission in the server .rpt file - but it is functional - it might be just my server <> config <> conflict but i cannot tell - awaiting some feedback on the last update i posted...

Working on another mission while testing this at the same time.

Edited by Hu5ky

I have uploaded to TS two bandit missions:

- Summer Holiday = simple mission suitable for new players = main rewards is a bus :) 

- Flight of The Navigator - hard mission - varies from easy to hardcore - each difficulty rewards a different helicopter - not armed helis - Hardcore Mission rewards the Osprey ( if you can fly a VTOL ) some rewards can be keycoded some cannot (random)

I have uploaded to TS 1 more Static mission:

One of Our Dinosaurs Is Missing

This Static Mission can only be completed by Jets/attack helicopters as there is no way to do this mission on foot as it is far far far out at sea.

There is no reward vehicle yet as this has to be discussed with Admin. See Below:

There is a crate on board the ship - to get to the crate you really have to kill everything and then fly/land on the top deck - there is no ladder to climb up from the ocean surface !

The mission is far out to sea to avoid other players being shot at by the Anti Air rockets etc ...... BIG clue in this sentence !

This mission OoODIM may be changed to add more ai/vehicles - at present there are only 19+ Ai.....

You want some pictures ?

Spoiler

55E3A6EC8770E4577166E0E27A5DDC1ECA0D1ABB

EDIT: 25th February 2019

Added Marid on top of the ship as a reward ( seems the CSAT vehicle was found floating out at sea and when brought aboard the ship detonated gas canisters strapped to the underside of the vehicle, which is why there are no ships personnel anywhere to be found yet the defence system is active ).

Spoiler

These are ACTIVE weapon systems and will engage you if you get too close to the ship..... 

AA_weapons.png

Edited by Hu5ky

If you defeat the mission you can land a jet/heli on the ship - the Aircraft Catapult works and will assist you to leave the deck of the ship, line your aircraft up with the groove and move onto it and you will get a pop up saying to Launch press SPACEBAR - don't forget to check you are disengaged (scroll wheel) once airborne..... Good Luck landing on the flight deck if you do intend to do so.......

Edited by Hu5ky

A few small problems with ODIM:

1. The reward vehicle keeps floating up into the air = still trying to figure out why

2. The Ai in boats have a tendency to ram each other and the static ship resulting in their deaths

3. The location for some of the defence system weapons is very narrow and the systems keep blowing up so had to remove those 

4. I have died multiple times in Jets and helicopters attempting to get within range to blow stuff up but the defence systems keep killing me first

5. In the UK we say Defence whereas the USA spelling is Defense - go figure.....

6. Dont blame me for ODIM salty deaths

7. Go do F.O.T.N instead

On 2/26/2019 at 9:22 PM, Hu5ky said:

A few small problems with ODIM:

1. The reward vehicle keeps floating up into the air = still trying to figure out why

2. The Ai in boats have a tendency to ram each other and the static ship resulting in their deaths

3. The location for some of the defence system weapons is very narrow and the systems keep blowing up so had to remove those 

4. I have died multiple times in Jets and helicopters attempting to get within range to blow stuff up but the defence systems keep killing me first

5. In the UK we say Defence whereas the USA spelling is Defense - go figure.....

6. Dont blame me for ODIM salty deaths

7. Go do F.O.T.N instead

The reward vehicle floats and is locked. It does not unlock or fall to the deck upon completion. It also won't blow up using rockets from my Longbow.

5 hours ago, Silver_Fox said:

The reward vehicle floats and is locked. It does not unlock or fall to the deck upon completion. It also won't blow up using rockets from my Longbow.

Yes, we are aware of this and are looking into changing the vehicle and with it the line of code referring to the vehicle locking system. We did not know aboit it not blowing up. Tha k tou for that intel!

• Like 1

Been working on the vehicles and boxes for the best part of  8 days now - hence the lack of playtime on the OGG server.

A loot box and/or loot vehicle that is a reward generally has GOD MODE enabled by default and cannot be harmed until the mission is complete and the server releases it from the godmode - hence as the mission is currently bugged the vehicle wont land on the deck and is still therefore immune to damage as it is still in godmode.

Having dreams about ODIM/Nemo missions lol

Finally getting close to the solution - now i can get the boxes to unlock and vehicles to unlock but the box is Empty :(

Here is some of the code from Nemo which also is used in part for ODIM - still work in progress to figure out the syntax as there is no guide on the forums etc.

Spoiler

_missionObjs =
[
    [_wreck1],           
    [_SpeedB1,_aav],                  
        [

[_SpeedB1,
                [
                    [],
                    [],
                    []
                ]
            ],

[_aav,
                [
                    [],                
                    [],
                    []
                ]
            ],
            [_crate1,
                [
                    [],                
                    [],
                    []
                ]
            ]          

],                 
    []
 ];   

I forgot to check the file again regarding the floating vehicle and it being locked - but I think its a viable one - updated last few days - going to bed now as i been at this for the best part of 8hrs - time to rest........ will check ODIM in the morning and confirm the changes I have made...............................

Edited by Hu5ky

Working on 4 files at the same time so excuse the lateness of my replies: ODIM - FOTN - Nemo - THPOA..... all require tweaks and fixes hence the code above is pretty important if i can just get it to work the way i want....

Flight of the navigator -  FOTN is a basic mission - as mentioned earlier but each different level has a different reward vehicle. The code i am working on should allow for multiple boxes vehicles and loot ....

Edited by Hu5ky

Well I lost a lot of hair today and have realised I am missing something in the code sooooo going to change my tactics and take a break from this - back to the grindstone when my head stops bleeding lol

OMFG i am soooo dumb - i went through the code for the Nemo Mission , ODIM , THPOA and the bandit mission FOTN and finally found where i went wrong.

Here is the answer:

Spoiler

// Define Mission Win message

// original message _msgWIN = ['#0080ff',"Convicts have successfully eliminated the Pirates and obtained the loot and vehicles!, entry code %1...",_pinCode];

_msgWIN = ['#0080ff',format ["Convicts have successfully eliminated the Pirates and obtained the loot and vehicles!, entry code %1...",_pinCode]]

Should have added ,format [ and a closer ]

PinCode hmmmmm thats a good question

Edited by Hu5ky

Odim vehicle only mission is now complete - the box is random concrete stuff - the vehicle is not pincoded so has to be sold - there are poptabs in the vehicles and in the crate - the vehicle also has random loot  inside. The marid is aquatic so drive it off the top of the ship and 10kph to reach land or heli lift it to land/trader.

Edited by Hu5ky
  • Like 1

THPOA is nearly complete - premise is that a group of isolated clergy have decided to move their holy relics to a safer place ( a bit late in the day ) and before their transport arrives you need to (a) kill them all (b) get the loot. Simple mission except that most of the ai are decending on parachutes and those parachutists have guns - still its an easy mission - loot will be a random box and there will be some sort of vehicle just because.

23:00 Well that was just bad luck on my part - as soon as i said THPOA was nearly done - the damn thing broke and there is no reason for the errors i am getting - maybe a few hour may solve the problem -  i change some of the wording in the file but the server error is calling back the OLD words -  

Edited by Hu5ky

THPOA fixed.

The real info: 1 Priest (not armed) - 6 companions (not armed) - 20 parachutists > Men in Black (armed) - reinforcement MiB parachutists s if you dont kill them fast enough (maximum 20 ( i think) in waves of 4)

Rewards are terrible - a small van and a small crate of loot both crate and vehicle have poptabs and loot is randomised - might up the values later if people enjoy slaughtering this mission.

There is a wall around the area so some ai will be inside the church wall and some parachutists will be scattered all over the hill around.

This is a STATIC mission so you have to go in on foot - the mission is labelled Easy but you can still get murdered. 

There are NO static guns and no enemy vehicles so you just up again some badly equipped ai ( ak47 ) and a hill to get up. You could start off as a sniper and see how it goes but as they are Easy Mode they wont be chasing after you so eventually you may have to go in there to finish them off..... 

Location is South Island ( Sw corner )

Edited by Hu5ky

New Static Mission:  Aircraft Landing Mission: Operation Petticoat

Location is the upper North ocean area - check the map

Filename op.sqf

Land any aircraft on the Aircraft Carrier.

There is a lootbox - with a very small amount in it so NO Rewards really - its inside one of the rooms on the ship.

Get within 2m of the lootbox will complete the mission.

There are NO Ai or defence systems so there is no fighting required.

The thing is there so people can play about trying to land aircraft on the ships deck - you can also use the catapult to launch your aircraft into the air - some aircraft may not work with the catapult or the arrestor gear wires/cables...

Warning: DO NOT LEAVE YOUR PLANE/AIRCRAFT ON THE DECK AS ON SERVER RESTART THE AIRCRAFT CARRIER MAY RESET

Edited by Hu5ky
  • Like 1

FOTN - helicopter: CUP_B_UH1Y_UNA_USMC sale value is 64 poptabs !  so will change the file instead - easiest solution as the one on the trader list is CUP_B_UH1Y_MEV_USMC

File updated needs re-upload to server so that the UH1Y can be sold 

Dont ask me what the difference is between UNA and MEV

Edited by Hu5ky

Please keep the holy static mission.. The reward isn't much, is a great way for new players to earn about 3k tabs. Having extra guys parachuting in is a nice mechanic, can be annoying to clear the mission at times due to this.  On a different note for more veteran players the mission ai is on the easy side, roaming ai is harder in comparison. 

Suggestions:

• Changing the interval in which the ai parachute on the mission to be a little longer so that it is easier for new players to clear.
  • Making the ai on mission more closer to the difficulty level of roaming ai would make for a bit more of a challage but does make it harder for new players. As such I would only suggest this if it can be done that it doesn't ruin  the playability of the mission for new players.

Non of this maybe needed. Going to have fun doing here and there and let you know how it goes over all and if I would still have the same suggestions.

Going to check out the carrier in the north for the fun of it.

Edited by Pyro

The first wave of 20 Men In Black parachutists is not a timed event but determined by the distance they halo and parachute from - any higher and the mission breaks.

The waves of replacements are determined by the following code:

Spoiler

[
            180,        // About a 3 minute delay between reinforcements.
            diag_tickTime
        ],

Changing this could allow for a little more time between the groups after killing the majority on the ground... see explanation below.

Spoiler

[
            5,          // Reinforcements will only trigger if there's fewer than 5 members left in the group
            4           // 4 reinforcement units per wave.
        ],

Spoiler

[
                20,     // Maximum 20 units can be given as reinforcements.
            ]

So if there are less than 5 ai alive on the ground then the server will spawn a replcement wave of 4 parachutists @  1000 meters above the ground - they halo and then open the chutes then float down and finally reach the ground after about a minute or so ( the halo and parachute phase is not part of the code timer diag_tickTime ) therefore the time between reinforcements is greater than 180 seconds. this means a player must kill the last 5 units within 3 minutes or more spawn above.

This does have an overlap however which is not intended where - when you kill the last 4 the diag_tickTime has already expired and the next 4 ai are already falling.

Lets put it this way:

As soon as you kill 1 of the remaining 5  then the diag_tickTime starts and you now only have 3 minutes to kill the remaining 4 ai - if you succeed then all is good but fail the timer and 4 parachutists are now falling from above but this presents the catch in the mission as there are only 4 ai not 5 so the timer is already skipped / ticked as the total number of alive ai is less than 5, the next group of 4 parachutist is already coming bringing the total to 8 parachutists. Kill 3 of the new 8 and your back to the last 5 and the 3 minute timer barrier. 

Effectively you have to kill about 6-8 ai in 5 minutes or the process continues but there is a total of 20 ai in reserve so the mission will complete eventually once you kill the total of 47 ai.

Edited by Hu5ky
  • Like 1