Old Guys Gaming
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

NEW MODS.

Colin

Just a quick couple of questions for our Dev Team. Are any of the mods that players have voted for over the last 3-4 months going to be implimented on OGG Arma Servers ? Which Mods if any ? And when? Does the OGG Dev Team have a road map for the Arma servers? Or is it more a look see what happens situation?

It may just be me, but all I seem to read are reasons not to use them or they will be put on when somebody has time to do it, this has been going on for 3-4 months now. The Dev Team is not just you Trouble, there are 4 or 5 Devs.

Edited by Colin
  • Upvote 1

So in terms of mods the simple answer is no we are not adding new Mods. The long answer and reason is that we don't want to force players to download more things to play on the server it puts people off, and while you can get some really good things it can result in a 30GB download and for some people that can take hours and hours, therefore we are not adding new mods, the exception is Extended base mod (see below)

However this doesn't mean we are not doing anything, so VG (Virtual Garage) The only thing now left is to integrate it with the current XM8_Apps, as they are currently on different versions. Once this is sorted then this should be implemented.

The addition of Deploy vehicle is being added therefore Bikes are to be removed, no more road blocks.

Extended Base Mod is coming, as soon as they remove a crippling bug from it which they have said they are doing.

And finally in terms of ZCP, I need to talk to X8 about the setup of certain parameters. 

Just some more information in terms of the Dev Team.

The Dev team is not all completely setup yet part due to time restraint and other security aspects we are in the process of sorting out.

• Upvote 1

Hi Trouble 

18 hours ago, Troublesim said:

So in terms of mods the simple answer is no we are not adding new Mods. The long answer and reason is that we don't want to force players to download more things to play on the server it puts people off, and while you can get some really good things it can result in a 30GB download and for some people that can take hours and hours, therefore we are not adding new mods, the exception is Extended base mod (see below)

Slow downloadspeeds can be a real pain believe me, I live in the country and had to make do with 300-500kb/s for a long time, my solution was D/L overnight.

New mods dont all have to be added at the same time it is something that can be done over a period of time, I know you dont like the "W" word so how would it be  if after a server "RESET":ph34r:  a new mod could be added every couple of months, It would spread the downloads and give the Devs time to look into each one, could even help to hold players longer if they know that every 2-3 months something new is on the way ?

However this doesn't mean we are not doing anything, so VG (Virtual Garage) The only thing now left is to integrate it with the current XM8_Apps, as they are currently on different versions. Once this is sorted then this should be implemented.

Sounds promising, would help reduce the vehicleparks that  put a 3rd world countries military to shame ( also helps server load you guys out there).

The addition of Deploy vehicle is being added therefore Bikes are to be removed, no more road blocks.

Lower end vehicles I hope, wouldnt want players calling in middle heavies at missions, just something to get from A>B.

Extended Base Mod is coming, as soon as they remove a crippling bug from it which they have said they are doing.

And finally in terms of ZCP, I need to talk to X8 about the setup of certain parameters. 

Something that woud happen after a "W":ph34r: ? will have to see how the ZCP work out, did not realise that it was more PvP design, but X said he could work on the crate:D

How would it be if all Armed Helicopters are put on the prestige list after a server "W" ? 

Firstly sorry for the delayed response combination of A+E and work.

On 8/23/2017 at 2:39 PM, Colin said:

Slow downloadspeeds can be a real pain believe me, I live in the country and had to make do with 300-500kb/s for a long time, my solution was D/L overnight.

New mods dont all have to be added at the same time it is something that can be done over a period of time, I know you dont like the "W" word so how would it be  if after a server "RESET":ph34r:  a new mod could be added every couple of months, It would spread the downloads and give the Devs time to look into each one, could even help to hold players longer if they know that every 2-3 months something new is on the way ?

That all makes sense if you already have some of the mods, I look at it as if you where looking for a server to play on and downloading 50 GB is a straight no.

Changing the Mods around, I can see a benefit in that however may require a lot of start up work.

Something that woud happen after a "W":ph34r: ?

Yes otherwise the server would crash.

How would it be if all Armed Helicopters are put on the prestige list after a server "W" ? 

That;'s all on @Crunn(X8)