Old Guys Gaming
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

New twist on town invasions

Big Country

Myself with a group of other players have started approaching the town invasion from a different angle other than sitting back with a heavy armored vehicle and destroying builds and it has turn out to be a fun new twist on the game other that just grinding out missions that spawn.

Our first attempt to change the tempo, we all strapped on a parachute and took to the sky’s in a Y-32 and dropped in on the town with air support from attack choppers. While we had a few casualties before we hit the deck our mission was a success. Wanting more we started thinking of ways to improve our strategies which lead use to attempt number two.

Second attempt again taking to the sky’s this time in a Blackfish with all troops packed in a Jackal troop support vehicle loaded in the back. Dropping the Jackal from the back of the Blackfish and driving it into the town and clearing the town door to door with support from the Jackal.

This approach puts a new twist on sometimes dormant town invasions that players try to avoid. If you find this type approach interesting and would like to join in on more town missions please join us on TS gear up and roll with us.

Thanks to Goona, Red Hands, Pro 5, Mark, SgtBrooks and others I may have missed for a great time.

Sounds like fun,but MadMax and I like to go in and clear the town house to house, starting from one end to the other with no vehicle support. We die a few times but victory is sweeter at the end. This the way we do it on Malden.  Not to forget mention of our faithful sniper doing overwater, who is Aftermath, our hero.

Edited by SARGE

Ya it's a twist on the house by house pursuit we've normally been doing.  I think doing the town missions this way gives a balanced game play with the AI.   
Next Mission:  We roll up with 3 armed Black SUV's, CIA style and take over the town.  One driver, 1 gunner in each vehicle rolling down the street in a convoy.  It'll be awesome.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SMACKDATAS (Shawn) said:

Ya it's a twist on the house by house pursuit we've normally been doing.  I think doing the town missions this way gives a balanced game play with the AI.   
Next Mission:  We roll up with 3 armed Black SUV's, CIA style and take over the town.  One driver, 1 gunner in each vehicle rolling down the street in a convoy.  It'll be awesome.  

Sign me up that will be epic

• 3 years later...