Old Guys Gaming
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Feasibility of T-72 implementation

Cheese

20170819233724_1.thumb.jpg.9db5e0fb10aedcefca827eca5c75af49.jpg20170820225901_1.thumb.jpg.a91d93c98c47d3d20b049764eb34bce4.jpg

I was wondering what the feasibility of adding these 5 models of T-72s as playable vehicles (along with the CSAT one which is not featured here), that you can acquire for either respect, or cash. After spending some time in the editor with various models of the vehicles, i was able to determine their stats, as follows:

Top Speed: 60km/h

Armament: 1x 125mm gun with APFSDS/HE rounds, 1x 7.62mm coaxial PKT machinegun, 1x 12.7mm NSVT machinegun

Modes: Visual, Night Vision

Max engagement range: 2km

Capacity: 3000

Fuel: 1200 Liters

Shots to kill:

T-100 (any tank): 2 (sides), 3-4 (front)

Tigris/Cheetah: 1

Any APC/IFV : 1-2

Shots to die:

Titan: 2

Scalpel (Kajman, Xi'an, KA-50/AH-64 equivalent) : 2

DAGR (AH-99 Blackfoot): 7

I feel that this tank would be a nice addition to the server because it can provide a nice alternative to the Kamysh, because it has a large cannon, but no missiles, is slower, but is a lot more armored. and to add to a post that was made by "TheIrishPotato", which would make the armor of not only the T-72, but other CUP vehicles as well be able to stand up to large caliber munitions, and even some rockets, which he was met with the response that it's not feasible because it would require players to have the modded files. Although, if you download through "A3Launcher", which i did, it auto downloads the required mods, and if you play through the regular game, it won't allow you to join the server if you don't have the files in the first place.

Pricing

I feel that the T-72 should be placed in the range of 325,000 - 450,000 poptabs, or 150,000 - 200,000 respect, because if the armor is buffed, it would be the most heavily armored, and armed vehicle that players can buy, albeit much slower than a lot of other vehicles, lack ATGMs, and also lack thermal imaging.

I look forward to seeing your replies, comments, and thoughts. I rest my case.

Oh i'll think about it.

It would be the most powerful ground vehicle on the server, the AI are already badly out gunned. So i might give them to the AI too if i did add them.

As for price, being the top vic it would be expensive. There is already an APC five times higher than the price you suggested\. It probably would be on the prestige list, not regular trader.

• Upvote 1

As X8 posted, the AI are badly under gunned atm , giving the players  T-72´s  etc without giving the AI a hard counter would make the missions to easy. If the AI get them aswell , then it could be a good thing, but be prepared to loose them. A price tag from 1 million tabs or 500,000 respect  sounds about right to me.

• Upvote 1

I also agree that the AI are out gunned as well even on the higher rank missions. One can simple take a Kamysh and a rearming tow vehicle and do any mission on the server. Now let say we start dropping some of these T-72's in with some town invasion that can roam within the town limits then yes AI could have a one up on players. Currently the only mission that is on the server that can even counter a T-72 is X8's pride and joy the Black Market, which there again can be soloed with a Kamysh and a bobcat or even with 3 or 4 players on foot with launchers and sniper rifles. A price tag easly 500k + respect or 1mil tabs

51 minutes ago, Big Country said:

I also agree that the AI are out gunned as well even on the higher rank missions. One can simple take a Kamysh and a rearming tow vehicle and do any mission on the server. Now let say we start dropping some of these T-72's in with some town invasion that can roam within the town limits then yes AI could have a one up on players. Currently the only mission that is on the server that can even counter a T-72 is X8's pride and joy the Black Market, which there again can be soloed with a Kamysh and a bobcat or even with 3 or 4 players on foot with launchers and sniper rifles. A price tag easly 500k + respect or 1mil tabs

I feel it would also be a nice balancing factor to keep them from being airlifted, or lack the ability to tow, maybe even both if it's at all possible